Overview for your home
If you can relate to any of these statements, then you need my help.
- Your home computer used to work really well but has now become so bad you think you need a new one.
- You know you need a new computer and your mate/child/neighbour says you need to get a Mac.
- Your wireless printer won’t print any more.
- Your Wi-Fi doesn’t reach to all the places you want it to.
- Your Internet connection seems slow compared to what you think you should be getting.
- You want to buy a new TV but don’t know why you might want HDMI ports and how many you need.
- You’d like a better sound system but all the different options are just too confusing.
- You just want your stuff to work so you can get on with enjoying it.
Advice on home technology
- If your home computer can no longer run the newest programs, I can advise on the pros and cons of getting a whole new system, or the possibilities of upgrading your current system.
- If you want to buy a new TV, DVD player, PVR or any other high tech item and get intimidated by the shop assistants, I can be your ‘personal shopper’ and go along with you to help you get what you need.
- If you want to have audio through more than one room in your house, I can advise on wired systems or wi-fi systems which don’t need wires run throughout the house.
- If you have a large collection of digital photos you have taken and need to get them from your camera to your computer, or want to share them with your family, friends and neighbours, I can advise on the best way of doing this and walk you through how to.
- If you have a lot of digital photos and other important documents I can help make sure you do not lose them by advising on how best to back them up.
- If you have a new gadget or two, you don’t really know how to use them properly and are embarrassed to admit it, I won’t judge, I will just help you understand how to use them.
Fixing your home technology
- If your wi-fi doesn’t reach all of your house I can install a wi-fi or wired extender to enable better coverage.
- If you want to hook up your TV, your smart phones or portable computers or any other gizmo to your broadband connection but don’t know how to, I can do it for you.
- If you can’t run as many TV’s as you want to off the main house TV aerial, I can supply and fit an aerial amplifier with multiple outputs.
- If you have photographic slides that are starting to deteriorate, I can transfer them to a digital format you can store on your computer.
- If you have an old print photo that you want scanned and restored, depending on how bad it is, I can do that for you.
- If you have children and want to make sure they don’t look at the wrong sort of stuff on the Internet, I can advise you on the software and computer settings that will help.
- If the anti-virus software that came with your computer has expired, or if you keep getting pop-ups on your computer asking to update but don’t know what they are for, I can advise on your options and if needed remove the program.